Monday, June 23, 2008

On Getting Older

It used to be that when we had friends over to our house, we did fun, young things. You know you are getting old when your friends come over and they say, "Can we see the new...........................................................................................

mattress?"

Yes, that's right. I said mattress.

And sadly enough, we all ended up laying on the mattress giggling about good it felt to our backs, meanwhile discussing the merits of Tempurpedic pillows(I have no idea how to spell Tempurpedic). We even played with the mattress remote control. A lot. For a long time.

Add this to the fact that I secretly watched an entire episode of "Wheel of Fortune" while at home by myself today.

Sad stuff.

I think I need to go get something pierced.

L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I so feel you! My birthday is coming up in September and I just wanna bury my head! Ah that is okay. I wouldn't want to go backwards, and I surely wouldn't want to "do it again!"

The Gluten Free Bluebird said...

Funny!

I just bought me and Mike those $50 temperpedic pillows. I never thought I would spend that much on pillows! they aren't even for decoration!

but I am sure those expensive pillows do help us look younger and well rested, I am sure (ha ha).

shelley shaw
www.shelleyshaw.com